7 Channel x 200 Watts into 4 or 8 ohm loudspeakers
▪ Dual Zone Capability
▪ Incorporates the new McIntosh Dynamic Power Manager Circuit
▪ Includes the latest Motorola Power Transistor
▪ Signal to Noise Ratio: 89dB
▪ Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
▪ Total Harmonic Distortion 0.005% maximum for 4 or 8 ohm loads
▪ The MC207 is designed for use in a 7.1 home theater or in a 5.1 home theater with the remaining 2 channels available for a second stereo zone.
▪ The MC207 is the first amplifier to employ the newly developed DYNAMIC POWER MANAGERTM (DPMTM) circuit design. This unique McIntosh circuit allows the MC207 to deliver a full 200 watts x 7 channels into either 4 or 8-ohm loudspeakers. On the rear panel of the MC207 is an impedance selector for 4 or 8-ohms. If the 8-ohm position is chosen and the speakers are 4-ohms, the MC207 will automatically switch over to the 4-ohm position if the amplifier is driven hard. This switch adjusts both the output transistor rail voltages as well as bias level to maintain ultra low distortion. DPMTM allows the MC207 to be optimized for whatever speakers are used.
▪ The chassis is mirror polished Stainless Steel as used on the MC402 and other McIntosh amplifiers. The power transformer and filter capacitors are housed in traditional McIntosh drawn aluminum cans with a durable powder coat finish. The 5 heat sinks are fully exposed for maximum ventilation.
▪ The MC207 has the traditional McIntosh 9" tall glass faceplate with three wattmeters for front channel power indication. The meters and front panel are illuminated with Fiber Optic Light Diffusers and Light Emitting Diodes (LED) for a beautiful, lifetime appearance. The meter illumination may be switched off using the front panel control.
▪ Pair the MC207 with the MX135 A/V Control Center for maximum home theater and multi-zone applications. From any angle, the MC207 is the most attractive multi-channel McIntosh amp yet that will reward with years of ownership pride.